Butech Bliss, a leading designer and builder of metal processing equipment has a current need for a Cost Estimator. Cost estimators analyze blueprints and data in order to estimate the time, labor, and materials costs required to manufacture a product. Accuracy is crucial to our production, so all candidates must have attention to detail and be extremely focused on their work.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Must calculate production cost, labor time, and raw materials costs by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Contact vendors to request pricing for materials and outside services.
- Decide whether it is more cost efficient to manufacture or to purchase the parts.
- Write detailed proposals for manufacturing parts and submit to customers.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work area; keep all work areas clean and organized and all machines, tools, and equipment and work surfaces free of oil, grease, etc.
- Willing to learn and take on additional tasks as assigned; other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by management
Education and Experience
- Technical or engineering degree. High school diploma and strong work experience as substitute.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an estimator in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge in design, mathematics, mechanics, processing and production
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Ability to read and follow basic technical drawings and diagrammed instructions
- Basic understanding of geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Knowledge of steel materials and alloys, welding, machining and manufacturing steps.
- Knowledge of machining equipment – such as manual/CNC lathes, horizontal and vertical mills, drill presses.
- Knowledge of safety rules and precautions necessary for working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment; cooperate and work proactively with others
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Good attendance and punctuality is a must; reliable transportation
- Problem-solving with basic troubleshooting skills is required
- Attention-to-Detail; values precision and adhere to a high quality standards
Butech Bliss offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical insurance premium at no cost to employee, $1,500 deductible and 100% paid once deductible is met, a $1,000 dental/eye reimbursement, 401K with employer match up to 4%, generous paid vacation, raises every 6 months, and much more.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and application to: Butech Bliss, 550 South Ellsworth Ave., Salem, OH 44460, Attn: Human Resource. Visit www.butechbliss.com to download an application. Information may also be sent to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer No Agencies Accepted