Butech Bliss is a company that sets itself apart from its competitors by offering the most innovative design, manufacturing and service in our industry. This is accomplished by building and nurturing a workforce of exceptional employees. We recruit top talent by offering an outstanding employment package and fostering a supportive culture and a pleasant working environment. Under an extensive growth strategy, we are looking for a Weld Engineer.
The Weld Engineer will interface daily with design engineers to make welding judgment calls and improvements as well as enforce standardized practices and procedures on multiple welded assemblies.
- Develop, optimize, and qualify weld processes and parameters for multiple welding processes including but not limited to: electron beam welding, laser beam welding, gas tungsten arc welding, orbital tube welding, resistance welding, gas metal arc welding, friction stir welding, and plasma arc welding.
- Support production operations on full scale welded assemblies, providing direction to manufacturing engineers and welders on correct techniques in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Support design, manufacturing, and materials engineering with root cause analysis
- Work closely with design, tooling, automation, and development engineers to improve welded designs for manufacturing
- Set up welding qualification test campaigns and interpret mechanical testing and NDE results
- Work closely with NDE personnel to interpret weld quality in addition to developing and implementing innovative state-of-the-art NDE techniques
- Develop and implement improved process control where possible using test and NDE results as feedback loop
- Set up automated welding solutions in an effort to drive process consistency
- Scope out new welding technologies that may be employed to improve rate/quality/efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Hands-on fabrication, manufacturing, or testing experience of welded assemblies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in welding engineering or related technical program
- Hands on welding experience of stainless steel, nickel-based, titanium, copper, and aluminum alloys
- Experience with brazing, joining, and metallographic interpretation
- Fundamental understanding of welding processes including, but not limited to, electron beam, laser beam, plasma arc, resistance, friction-stir, gas tungsten arc, and gas metal arc
- Robot programming experience for automated welding solutions
- Tooling design experience for welded assemblies to reduce part distortion and improve part consistency
- Understanding of weld strength testing methodologies, standards, and data acquisition systems used to make informed welding decisions (ASTM E8, E399, E740, ISO 15653, AWS D17.X, AWS C7.X, thermos-couples, strain gages, etc.)
- Experience with root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Self-motivated engineer with keen attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and communicate status and results with broad spectrum of internal and external departments
Butech Bliss offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical insurance premium at no cost to employee, $1,500 deductible and 100% paid once deductible is met, a $1,000 dental/eye reimbursement, 401K with employer match up to 4%, generous paid vacation, raises every 6 months, and much more.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and application to: Butech Bliss, 550 South Ellsworth Ave., Salem, OH 44460, Attn: HR Manager. Information may also be sent to [email protected].Click here to download an application.
Equal Opportunity Employer No Agencies Accepted
Rich Health Insurance
- No employee premium
- $1500 individual deductible
- 100% coverage over deductible
- $1000 annual eye/dental reimbursement
- Bi-annual reviews
- Yearly bonuses
- Night shift premiums
Ample Time Off
- 9 paid holidays
- 4 weeks vacation/PTO after 6 years
- Unused vacation & PTO rolls over annually
- 401(k) match up to 4%
- Fully vested after 6 months