Tool Room Lead/Supervisor
Oversee day to day activities at multiple tool room sites as a working lead. Must possess expert knowledge of cutting tools and be capable of performing precision sharpening, polishing, and grinding of tools using tool room equipment. Will assemble and preset tools for various CNC machines across multiple facilities and provide training for other tool room attendants on all tool room functions. Work with purchasing to order tooling and other shop consumables and manage the tool room inventory with a focus on continuous improvement and controlling costs.
Strong candidates for this position will meet the following qualifications:
- Monitor overall work load in the tool room and set weekly work schedules for the group.
- Organize, assemble and preset tooling as required for scheduled jobs being sure to address needs for all production assets and scheduled shifts. Take a proactive approach to managing work load by reviewing the asset dispatch and working with supervisors and machinists to have tools ready in advance.
- Disassemble and clean tools when returned and change inserts when necessary before putting away. Tag and repair damaged tools or send out for repair if possible and cost effective. Ensure tools are returned to their proper location and building. Perform basic tooling and fixture maintenance such as cleaning, lubricating, and replacing worn or damaged components.
- Produce Custom tooling using standard tool room practices and equipment. Use machine shop math to compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts. Sharpen existing tools where applicable and manage outsource tool grinding.
- Submit requisitions for tooling purchases and manage tool room inventory levels.
- Research special tooling needs and communicate cost and lead time to appropriate machine shop personnel.
- Lead tool room improvement projects related to: workplace organization, inventory control & tracking, vendor managed inventory, SKU reduction, etc.
Butech Bliss offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical insurance premium at no cost to employee, $1,500 deductible and 100% paid once deductible is met, a $1,000 dental/eye reimbursement, 401K with employer match up to 4%, generous paid vacation, raises every 6 months, and much more.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and application to: Butech Bliss, 550 South Ellsworth Ave., Salem, OH 44460, Attn: HR Manager. Visit www.butechbliss.com to download an application. Information may also be sent to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer No Agencies Accepted