SCRAP CHOPPERS & SIDE TRIMMERS
The world famous Butech Bliss scrap choppers have set the standard for high quality reliability and low maintenance scrap chopping machines for more than 30 years. Our vast experience with multiple patents and proven state of the art features put the Butech Bliss scrap chopper in a class of its own. Currently, we have over 400 scrap chopper units in operation worldwide. All of our chopper units include self threading entry chutes, fully supported knife hubs and custom designed exit chutes. Each unit consists of two (2) width adjustable chopper heads. Each head has a set of opposed arbors with four (4) knives per arbor. The knives and arbors are designed to provide a helical action cut across the scrap width which requires less horsepower per cut and at a guarantee noise level of 85 dB or less. Each knife has four (4) usable cutting edges before a knife sharpening is required. Sharpening can be done on a simple surface grinder with no special jigs. Knife changes can be accomplished quickly with no special skills required and, with our “shimless” knife design models, the factory set knife gap is maintained after sharpening with no knife shimming required. Our scrap choppers run at line speeds of over 3,000 feet per minute. Butech Bliss Scrap Choppers process all materials, including aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, silicon steel and high strength alloys.
- Each knife has four cutting edges that require only a standard surface grinder for sharpening.
- Cuts a full range of scrap thickness without the need to adjust knife gap.
- Self-threading entry chutes eliminate threading time and provide safe scrap handling.
- Helical cutting action is quiet (<85db) and results in longer knife life.
- Quick change heads option provides head replacement in less than 10 minutes.
- Uniformly chopped scrap brings higher scrap value.
- Many models available with patented shimless knife design - no shims required after knife sharpening.
Knife Sharpening Services
Multiple grades of new scrap chopper knives in stock for same day delivery and we provide knife sharpening services!
Multiple Parts In Stock For Your Scrap Chopper, Side Trimmer, Leveler or Shear
Huge selection of replacement parts in stock and available for 24 hour delivery such as toggle clamps, shoe part inserts and wear plates!
We can completely overhaul your scrap chopper, side trimmer, or coil car in our shop or our field service technicians can service your machine on-site!
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When your mill or service center demands robust side trimmers, you can count on Butech Bliss to build things better. As one of the only premier machinery equipment builders remaining in the United States, Butech Bliss has built its reputation as the go-to company for the highest quality side trimmers.
Our standard and turret style side trimmers include outstanding features, such as fixed knife positioning and powered knife lap and gap adjustment to reduce downtime. Butech Bliss side trimmers feature a variety of additional benefits that make your job easier and operations more
Side Trimmer Features:
- Straightforward machine design featuring a fixed top arbor combined with a movable bottom arbor allowing for ease of maintenance, reliability and set-up repeatability
- Driven and non-driven side trimmers providing greater design simplicity
- Simple “toe” adjustment mechanism
- Fixed knife position (shimless knives minimize downtime)
- Closed loop control positioning available
- No thread protectors needed
- Housing and frameworks are rigid-welded steel fabrications that allow tight tolerances on critical components
- Optional Dynamic Width Control (DWC) system gives you the ability to adjust material widths on the fly
The Butech Bliss line of side trimmer models complements our wide selection of coil processing equipment. When coupled with our world renowned scrap chopper technology, your edge trim results and edge scrap handling operations will be second to none.
When Butech Bliss scrap choppers and side trimmers are deployed together, mills and coil processors can be assured they are getting the absolute best edge trimming solution for their line operations. Whether it is for aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, silicon steel or high strength alloys, our side trimmer and scrap chopper technologies are unequaled in the industry.