COIL PROCESSING & MILL LEVELERS
Hydraulic Roller Levelers
Butech Bliss Hydraulic Roller Levelers increase productivity, produce consistently flat material and reduce downtime. We build levelers to best suit your coil processing needs. We have high production levelers with single diameter work rolls, or a single leveler with two different size diameter work rolls nested in separate quick change cartridges our patented Synergy® Leveler featuring 2 separate work roll diameters nested in the same cartridge.
Many of Butech Bliss' hydraulically-operated Roller Levelers include individually driven work rolls that utilize off-the-shelf lower horsepower motors and individual reducers. This feature provides inter-roll tension, greater energy efficiency and uptime redundancy while eliminating strip marking caused by slippage.
All Butech Bliss Roller Levelers are designed to remove flat rolled strip shape defects such as coil set, crossbow, edge wave, center buckle and twist. An enhanced menu driven operator interface allows simple graphical controls and a recipe system for quickly saving and recalling the best shape correction settings for a particular product. This HMI based control package is both intuitive and operator friendly.
The patented Synergy® Leveling System includes:
- A roll configuration that extends the working gauge range of the leveler without requiring roll cassette changes or two separate levelers
- Inter-roll tension control that provides tension between every work roll
- Independent entry/exit work roll bending
- A proprietary roll configuration that covers up to an 18:1 gauge range
- An independent drive system that maximizes leveler availability and performance by eliminating wind up torque in driveshafts driven by only one or two motors
- Eliminates drive train windup, roll slippage, and strip marking related to pinion stand leveler designs
- A self-calibration system that assures quick and accurate leveling repeatability with each work roll change. Push button control with no gauge bars
Not all Stretch Levelers are created equal. We design and build a Stretch Leveler for every customer’s specific and oftentimes unique requirements. Whether you are looking for a discrete plate stretcher or a coil-to-sheet stretcher we have the engineering capabilities to meet your needs. We’ve supplied over 150 Stretch Levelers for processing everything from aluminum plates for the aircraft industry, to extruded products, treadmill plates, hot rolled, HRPO and cold rolled steels including low carbon and high strength steels.
Our stretchers include gripper heads specifically designed for your application. Some include a replaceable, economically priced, commercially available gripper pad that allows changeover between various products without the need for downtime to clean or replace the gripper head assemblies. Some include a metallic gripper and some include interchangeable gripper heads so either type of head can be used in the same stretcher.
Butech Bliss can provide wedge type grippers or direct acting grippers. Either style is capable of operating at multiple pressure settings so adjustments can be made to prevent edge distortion when processing narrow light gauge product or surface marking when processing soft, coated materials like hot dipped galvanized steel. No need to add shim plates on narrow product with a Butech Bliss Stretch Leveler. Our wedge style grippers are especially effective at preventing slippage while also avoiding the potential for edge distortion.
Butech Bliss Stretch Levelers are designed to process multiple materials and material characteristics on the same Stretch Leveler. The control system portal is an HMI based design that enables easy setup changes and recipe driven menus to vary stretch, hold and retract cycle times, stretch speeds and clamping pressures according to specific product requirements. Recipe driven menus increase productivity and product consistency because the settings can be quickly recalled when repetitive runs of the same product are required.
Brush Roll Scale Collection System
If you are a service center that roller levels or stretch levels hot rolled material, then you are familiar with the problems associated with scale dust. Airborne scale dust can cause havoc on your coil processing equipment by clogging air filters on electrical cabinets, hydraulic air filter systems and HVAC systems. Our Brush Roll Scale Collection System significantly reduces the amount of scale dust, saving you costly downtime and reducing added maintenance costs.
The Butech Bliss Brush Roll Scale Collection System unit consists of an enclosed chamber containing oscillating brush rollers that remove loose scale from the top and bottom surfaces of the material. Larger pieces of scale are diverted to a collection drum while airborne scale dust is collected by a self contained vacuum system that diverts the dust through duct work to a bag house filter where the fine particulates are collected.
Hydraulic Plate Levelers
Plate mills seeking to remove shape defects, such as crossbow, edge wave and buckles, depend on rugged Butech Bliss hydraulically operated Plate Levelers.
Butech Bliss engineering specialists provide leading design technology for hydraulic activated Plate Levelers to help mills and manufacturers across cold, warm or hot applications to process a full range of materials more efficiently.
To ensure the highest quality standards, all Butech Bliss Plate Levelers are pre-assembled and tested at the company’s 400,000 square foot Technology Center in Salem, Ohio, prior to shipment to certify they perform at the optimal level so customers can maximize their operational objectives.
Top 10 reasons why customers choose Butech Bliss hydraulic Plate Levelers are:
- Zero nested work roll stack providing quick and easy machine calibration with a high degree of repeatability
- Roll cassette design means multiple roll size cassettes can increase the gauge range of a single leveler
- Individually driven work rolls via an AC motor, planetary gear reducer and spindle arrangement
- Drive motors, gear reducers and spindles are of the same design and size, mitigating the need to inventory large quantities of multiple types of spares, including distribution boxes
- Automatic compensation for machine deflection resulting in superior shape correction and consistency
- Comprehensive machine set-ups derived from the recipe menu or plate parameters
- Monitoring of separating forces and protection against inadvertent excessive separating forces and excessive drive train torques
- Advanced control technology, detailed diagnostic screens and PDI/PDO information exchange capability
- Soft thread-up minimizes impact loading
- Multiple passes processed without delay via instantaneous reverse entry and exit plunge set-ups